Enjoy a pain free healthy life and improve your overall well being, both at the same time with TMJ splint treatment. If you have pain in your jaw muscle and feel discomfort while eating or speaking, you may have a TMJ disorder. The good news is that our highly experienced and caring dentist, Dr. Skinner, can treat your TMJ disorder with extreme care using TMJ splints or any other required TMJ treatment.
The TMJ splints or TMJ Mouthguards we use for your treatment are custom designed to relieve your jaw joint pain. The splint will act like a crutch, taking pressure off your joints and allowing them to heal more naturally.
Schedule your completely FREE, no-obligation TMJ Splints consultation NOW, and let us improve your lifestyle.
What You Can Expect When You Get a TMJ Splint
When we treat you with a TMJ splint, we will start by scanning your smile with our 3D digital scanner. The scan helps us develop a treatment plan for your splint that we send to one of our 3D printers. When the splint is completed, you can pick up your new splint and be on your way to less pain.
Our TMJ splint treatment can relax your jaw muscles and ligaments. It will also prevent you from teeth grinding, clenching, and other jaw responses that can lead you to discomfort and pain.
The TMJ splint will surround your teeth or jaw and work as your muscle relaxant.
We will do the following steps for your treatment:
- We will scan and examine your smile: We will use a 3D digital scanner to scan your smile. The scan will help us understand your symptoms. We will assess your bite and facial bone structure.
- We will perform a diagnosis: After examining your smile, our dentist will decide if TMJ splint treatment can effectively treat your TMJ disorder or if you need another treatment.
- We will initiate your treatment process: We will provide you with a TMJ splint based on your unique needs, and after you start wearing it regularly, it will start removing your pain and discomfort caused by TMJ disorder.
- We will follow up: We may schedule some follow-up appointments with you to check on your progress.
If you have TMJ disorder, don’t worry, you are not alone. Many people face TMJ disorder at some point in their life, and our splint therapy will provide relief to your temporomandibular joint (TMJ) by aligning your teeth and jaw in the same position. You can wear your TMJ splints both day and night to remove your discomfort. TMJ can affect your lifestyle, and if you are facing any TMJ discomfort, you need to be checked by our expert dentist at your earliest convenience.
Schedule your completely FREE TMJ splints consultation NOW, and let us remove your pain and discomfort.
The TMJs are the connections that join your jawbone to your skull, acting as hinges.
You possess two of these joints, each located behind your ears on both sides of your jaw. They go from near your temple to your bottom jaw.
These joints play a crucial role in the correct functioning of your jaw, like eating your food or talking. However, there are instances when you may encounter issues with your TMJ that can affect your lifestyle.
The temporomandibular joint disorder is painful and can disrupt your daily life in many ways. Some symptoms of TMJ are the following:
- Limited jaw movement
- TMJ pain includes facial pain
- Pain in front of your ears.
- TMJ headaches
- Muscle tension
- Pain in your temporal bones while opening or closing your mouth
- Discomfort or soreness while chewing food
Your TMJ discomfort can be caused by many factors, including stress, your specific anatomy, and clenching or grinding your teeth. There are many treatment options available for TMJ disorder. However, TMJ splints are the most effective treatment for TMJ dysfunction. Most of our patients have found significant relief after going through this treatment, and that is why we recommend you start your treatment as soon as possible and improve your overall well being.
4 Types of TMJ Splints
- “Over-the-Counter” Guard: Any item you purchase over the counter may seem convenient and inexpensive, but these mouthguards will likely be uncomfortable and cause more problems.
- Soft Splints: A soft splint usually feels more comfortable. However, soft splints are less durable and wear out faster. They are helpful with minor pain after an injury.
- Custom Flat Plane Splint / TMJ Night Guard: Our night guards for TMJ are created for individuals who grind and clench their teeth. The custom fit allows maximum comfort while you sleep at night, reducing stress and pain by stopping teeth grinding.
- Removable Neuromuscular Orthotic: This form of support is comparable to a TMJ mouthguard, but it is smaller in size and intended for continuous wear. A neuromuscular orthotic, also known as a brace, can provide relief for teeth grinding and clenching throughout the day.
Benefits of TMJ Treatments
TMJ Splints treatments can improve your well-being in the following ways.
- It may stop your headache.
- You may have a much more relaxed night of sleep.
- Your TMJ pain will be diminished significantly or gone completely.
- It will help you not to feel jaw pain.
- It will prevent you from teeth grinding.
- It will prevent your teeth from damage.
- You may be able to breathe better.
Your TMJ disorder can be mild or serious, or you may have another issue; you never know until you visit our dentist. The sooner you visit our experienced TMJ specialist near you for your TMJ treatment, the better. Issues and discomfort related to your TMJ can tremendously impact your well-being. We can guide you toward the most effective remedy for your TMJ condition and help get you feeling great again!